Monday, July 21, 2008



I'm not going to review The Dark Knight. Plenty has been written about it and there is little else to add. The movie is brilliant, fully worthy of the acclaim it's garnering. I'm looking forward to seeing it again to watch how it all comes together instead of guessing how it is going to play out. Heath Ledger is outstanding, as is the entire cast, and it is easily the best superhero movie yet made.

But.

Am I the only one that misses Danny Elfman's iconic theme music from the movies and the excellent animated series? It's not that the score in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight is bad, it's actually quite good. But I'll be damned if I can hum it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Christopher Nolan and company shed everything from the earlier franchise. The taint of Schumacher and Bat-Nipples was dripping over everything so a clean break was required. But was it really necessary to ditch the theme music? You're probably humming it right now, it was that damn good.

I know it's a nitpick but it bugged me last time too. Also, it's kind of hard not to giggle when Christian Bale is doing his angry Batman voice. I know he has to disguise himself, but come on. It's better in this one, but still a tad over the top.

That said, man did I love me some Dark Knight. Even better, it beat the records previously set by the fucking ATROCIOUS Spider-Man 3 so a mighty "Huzzah!" to all involved for erasing the milestone of that piece of shit.

1 comments:

JackfnBurton said...

Spider-Man 3? What? They made a Spider-Man 3? No, I would have seen that. I am sure I rad a script on line where Spider-Man dances the Zoot-Suit riot and dresses up like Trent Reznor, but that would never happen because it would...you know...suck.

A lot.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 | Criticult.com

No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. So there.